Generally error 79 is encountered when there is some miscommunication or corruption in following a print request. The error can occur due to any miscommunication between the print spooler and the printer or due to an outdated firmware etc.
Normally the HP printer error 79 is displayed on the printers control panel in two ways
- Error 79 services has been turned off which indicates that an incompatible DIMM has been installed in the printer
- Or HP printer 79 error turn off then on
Troubleshoot error 79 turn off then on error
Generally when this type of error pops up it indicates some internal firmware error. To fix
- Turn off the printer’s power
- Now wait patiently for 30 seconds or 1 minute
- Switch your printer on again
- Now wait as the printer initialises
- Make sure you are having and uninterrupted power supply. Hence if you using any power search remove it and connect the printer plug directly to the power socket.
- In case your HP printer offline error is persistent disconnect all the power cables and run a power cycle
- If the printer comes back to its running status check if there are any available firmware update
- To update the firmware follow the steps
- go to the official site of HP
- Then go to the HP support navigation
- Select your driver and click to download
- In the search box enter your printers name and number and the next step go to the module name list.
- go to the operating system section and scroll down to the link which is independent of any operating system
- Now click on the download button on the latest firmware
- Click ok to confirm download
- The location of the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation
Troubleshoot HP printer error 79 DIMM error
Sometimes the 79 service error HP LaserJet pro 200 or in Deskjet or in any other model pops up when you install a memory DIMM on your printer.
- Begin with switching off the printer
- First remove the DIMM and then put it back ensuring that is placed properly on the printer
- Now turn on and run a test print
Reinstalling of drivers
Many a times the HP printer not printing is contributed due to corrupted printer’s driver.
- Go to the uninstall a program option in control panel and remove the HP printer software
- Open device manager
- Go to the print queue option and remove all the HP devices
- Now restart your computer and the printer driver will automatically reinstall
- And don’t forget to reinstall the HP printers associated software
- Run a test print to check HP printer error 79 resolved or not.
In case the error 79 issues don’t resolve check common trivial printer’s issue like HP printer paper jam, power or connectivity issue, printer set at offline mode or printer, hardware issues etc. For further guidance ask experts for advanced troubleshooting help.